Thursday 17 May 2012

Hill Bill x Ben Billy


Hill Bill x Ben Billy
Chamba 11.4.81
One of the chaps that i went through the art college experience with was Richard Butler,
who later went on to front a band called the Psychdelic Furs.
During our last year at college, from time to time we returned to the topic of what part of the world we may end up in during our oncoming formative years.

It took me six or seven years to finally end up in India.
On this occasion we were sat in a shanty town restaurant in Chamba
- a meeting of the ways.
All the drovers pass through on their way to higher grazing grounds.
It's a bit of a frontier town, or was anyway.
We were treating ourselves to a meat curry.
We had met up with a couple of blokes who had spent the winter up in the mountains.
One of them had brought a compendium cassette of relatively recent rock tunes
and put it on the rare cassette player that the establishment possessed.
I cant remember the exact words but it came as quite a chilling surprise
when the Furs filled the mud floor with
"hello India, this is America"

Link to Wooden Om Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.