Wednesday 4 April 2012

Back from the Dales


Guess I'd better meet you down the road


 
We returned from Settle in the Dales on the edge of the National Park four days ago on Saturday.
It was quite a week, I would certainly have been happy with that sunny weather if it were in June.
I did a fair bit of trecking around and about with Aydin, who took a varied array of photos on his mobile. He had a map reading assessment on the Friday which he passed which puts him on route to becoming a walk leader, I think.


Attermire Scar
Its a beautiful part of the country, there were a certain amount of older people around in Settle, who all looked happy and radient. - maybe not a bad place to retire to!


Towards Barrel Sykes
I sadly dont have an image for Suger Loaf Hill, my son decided to wipe it off the memory to make room for other images, maybe I will look for something on google.



Gordale Scar
The day after our return, I went to the opening (to the public) at "Edible Eastside" It was a nice afternoon, people turned up, the weather kept fine and the scheme is looking good.
Unfortunately the three guys who run the affair havent as yet scripted me into the ongoing plans for the place.
My final comment to Rob Hewitt was I would rather someone disliked me than thought of me as a pest. All assured me that they wanted me to do some work there, but I do feel it's up to them now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.