Monday 23 April 2012

Galloping George




I am not doing as much painting as I should at the moment.
Hard to believe I havent finished the pub signs yet.


Having returned from a week in the lake district.
This is a particularly complex post (for me). I need to lay out what I am up to.


*The Icon"
God for Harry, England and St George.


LANGDALE
We stayed in Langdale with the pikes in view from our front window

Aydin and I went on two particularly gruelling walks,
the first was around the Langdale Pikes,




The long and winding road.

Troughton Beck




Mind the memory of it becomes rather fuzzy after the second walk around Scafell Pike, which I was told was the highest mountain in Britain.


Path up to Scafel Pike


The Pike itself


View from the dangerous bit around the corner.
We missed the path turnings twice which would have made it comfortable.
And ended up climbing over a dangerously steep and high ridge, having two large dogs made the whole thing more frightening and more awkward. Toffee nearly fell backwards on me up the first climb - thankfully, he trusts me and didnt struggle when I caught hold of and supported him. Wilson panicked when Aydin lifted him up about five feet and nearly knocked all of us down a very steep incline.




I am working at present of producing C.D.s of music I mainly made with Phil Gray and Colin Browne in the seventies.





I am collecting a group of waterfall images - looking for info on how water splashes onto, through and around boulders. Also how small trees root themselves to the boulders in amidst the falling water.




I am hoping to use this information in relation to the watermills at Bharmor and the cascade paintings started a few months ago.



I have recently joined a web site linked to images linked to words found in the english dictionary.
Images of signs are used of words found in nature (both rural and urban!)
These words also require explanations: an aspect I plan to thouroughly explore, giving account of my unfolding life!.



Part of what used to be a walkers pub in the lake district but now has become familyised like going into somebody else's front room.You can see from the image where the extension was slapped onto the existing bar.
And finally my dog Toffee has just had the snip, to relieve prostrate problems. He seems old all of a sudden, and is far from happy at the moment..



2 comments:

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.