Thursday 30 June 2011

A Sign o the Times

The producers brushed my mind a tad.
Recently in Erdington, Ive seen a few new shops open on a kind of carnival high:
Fashion, Computors, Paint, Off Licences, Mini Supermarkets, Carpet shops, Nail shops, Card shops.
Only to sadly see them close.
It's a sign of the times.

These poor guys put all their savings in or took out huge loans only to loose their £s and their dream.
Its a sad place to be sitting in the middle of all your hopes and aspirations with nobody visiting, very lonely -its happened to me a couple of times.

Fandango.
What about if you were to set up a shop that was doomed to fail?
With nothing in it that really make any sort of profit.
Run by incompetant people and opened with a huge event,
and then simply left to run down.
With maybe a burglary and some vandalism.
"We will pick ourselves up from the ashes but still unfortunately fail."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.