Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Danger of too many Ideas

Further ideas about the possibilities of billboards.
Its run down a bit but I was in danger of having too many ideas where may it would be safe just to stick with the original two that I started with.
But I don't feel I am more than able to make four pieces by next May even more if I were physically painting one, physically building one and making the others digitally.
There is nothing to stop me adding further ideas as a kind of footnote to the Billboard page on this blog anyway.

I am quite open minded about any particular mural is produced, (as long as I can achieve it in the time allocated). I would be happy with producing it digitally or painted on panels. I would be quite comfortable fitting in with what else is happening on the project. For instance maybe every body else is producing their stuff digitally and it would be nice to employ a different means of production, or there could be other work that is hand painted and similar to my own which would work together. I am quite willing to produce them in the form most suited to the layout of the project, I see myself as being part of a general whole as oppose to a grand master strutting in and showing off his wares in the best possible venue.

Construction note:
If painted on 8ft x 4ft panels the panels could be arranged in a jigsaw type pattern so that no edge actually went all the way from top to bottom or side to side.
In my view there are three different possible layouts.



Another reason for awarding the job to me:
Ive been hovering on the outskirts of the art world for a long time.
I feel that during my stint, Ive made a reasonable contribution to events, programmes, public works of art and exhibitions.
I feel that this would be a really good and suitable opportunity for me to get my style and brand across to a large audience.
I also feel that I deserve this "crack of the whip"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.