Tuesday 16 August 2011

A definative set of shelves

Designed to fit into any library.
Designed to contain at some evidence as to what I have been making for the whole of my artistic career.
- In some sort of chronological order, but shelf by shelf, not from the top to the bottom.

It's basically a catalogue of what the ideas were and where they came from and then documentary evidence and images of the final thing. I similar task to the one I am performing on this blog site only more complete and finished as and when the stuff is placed upon the shelves. Whereas this could run and run!
If all were to go up in smoke at leastI would still have the germ of what it was.
To some extent:
What is more important: the finished article or the germ from whence it sprang?

On the floor
I plan to have two small chests on wheels - under 50cms wide and 40cms deep.
To hold C.D.s, Cassettes, some negs x photos x slides.

1st shelf
A line of large ring binders with contained work from around the world.

2nd shelf
It being important that it is at seat and eye level - - - a line of folders, that can be got at and opened easily.
Very much in chronological order and often containing stuff that got away, that didnt end up in more important areas ( like the lower ring binders )

3rd shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.