Thursday 1 March 2012

Edible Eastside

I came to Edible Eastside at the end of last summer and met Jayne on site.
At the time I commented on how impressed I was with the place.
It has a comfortable feel to it and the area by the canal is very pleasant.
I also expressed my desire to build or make something there on a voluntary basis.

Over the years I have worked on a few projects similar to yours.
I have also painted a lot of murals.
Its great to get out of my studio, make something that is specific to a particular area and basically work as part of a team.
There are a few people with whom I have worked in the past that I feel would like to come along and join in.

There are a lot of areas that would benefit from a practical art installation.
There is room for a couple of follies.
There are some places that could be shielded from view.
The central fence could be beefed up, made to at least look more solid.
and the cafe area could be a fantastic place to work on.

I am open minded about what I produce and open to input from "other bodies"
I would like to build something that is happy.

This is a link to a specific part of my blog which I feel could be relevant.
It is a large rough and ready site, please feel free to browse!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.