Wednesday 2 March 2011

Event ; largest rave this year.

Tahrir Square:
Its on anytime now, but do be carefull.
You may need a tent,
bring a bottle,come quick before its all over,
Stand by your social network sites - location may change.





19th February 2010, (Brought over from "face Book")
I start this blog off as Libya seems to get increasingly more unsettled and more blood soaked.
As Gadafi's son commented last night;
on the edge of civil war, with the possibility of turning into "emirates", whatever they are.
A Tale of two cities.
And, his promise of the destruction of the elements of sedition - underlying threats - with bloodshed a thousand times worse than that in Egypt.

I wonder where this whole upheaval will go.
Will it affect Iran?
What part might fundamentalism have to play in this?

I have added the water/paper based painting that I produced as quickly as possible during the couple of days where Tahrir Sqare really kicked off, entering it on "Face Book" whilst the thing was in progress as it were.

I start this Blog off with the aim of pursuing two avenues of expression :
A diary part,
Written from the perspective of an "ageing" artist, trying to put his fingers in various pies.
And a Gallery,
of past work possibly something that could be used as a kind of C.V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.