Friday 18 March 2011

Rebel Freedom Fighter.

found under a bridge on a canal going into Birmingham.



On the day that Gaddaffi and the UN started to play footsie with each other.
Gaddaffi calls a ceasefire and everybody says he is playing ultimate brinkmanship, as if anybody with half a brain wouldnt expect him to do that anyway.
Its another (recent) moment where nobody really knows what exactly is going to happen next.
The UN had to do something otherwize every tin pot dictator in the area would take it on himself to ruthlessly crush any form of political dissent, knowing that in the long run he would get away with it.

There were a couple of revolutionary spokesmen on a TV news channel, whose comment was "what is he going to do when people all over Libya come out on the streets again thinking that they are going to be protected by a UN mandate?"

I wouldnt like to be a mersenary stuck in a tank in the middle of the dessert unable to move in case I got blown up, a sitting target you could say.
I certainly wouldnt want to die for a dictator.
I dont know which one I detest more, him or his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.