Thursday 14 April 2011

A Short History of Me


A short history of me
I am an artist, it is what I feel my life is about.
I am primarily a painter although I do get involved indeed am also trained in other forms of expression.
I was born a baby boomer in 1951.
I grew up in Shepherds Bush, London surrounded by Bob Dylan, the Beatles and Psychadelia, this shaped me and has remained there ever since.
My father had a cross cultural background, he was a prominent figure in the Indonesian Embassy which was formed in Grosvenor Square after the overthrow of the Dutch after the second world war.
My desire to travel and meet people is a strong one - probably following on!
I lived in London until I was, I then moved to Cardiff and met my wife, Anne. We lived there and also spent possibly more time during that period abroad: a couple of years in India and time in Thailand and Indonesia.
Moving to an apartment in Istanbul for three years.
With the birth of our son, Aydin we settled in Birmingham, England, with two dogs by a lake near Spaghetti Junction.
My family owns about 8 acres of bog-land in Pembrokeshire, a long way from anywhere. We bought it, and have lived on it since 1970. I have returned there constantly throughout the years
Following which, I took on a post degree M.A. course which changed my out look and my sociological life, interacting with a lot more people and participating in a lot more projects and events.
I am slightly maverick and can be a bit over sensitive.
Although at present I am home based, I do like to move about, I like to have my fingers in different pies.
I am fairly gregarious and on occasions, I can "team lead" and organise events, shows and publications.
I like to be outside, I have a couple of dogs, I do a bit of gardening and a fair bit of cycling albeit not particularly for pleasure.
I'm good at collecting and archiving, I was a finds assistant for a while.
I like to play and work hard.
I can get upset if a day goes by where I feel I haven't achieved anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.