Tuesday 5 April 2011

What ought to be an epic?

What ought to be an "epic" for a large built up painting with plenty of detail, layers and depth.
Generally eidetic but with a simple basic tonal/colour composition - something that could initially be designed with a quick collage.
An epoch,
An historical piece,
The story of/from an era,
A monumental yarn of today
---with many openings and exits.
It could almost be stage-like with the action and its own story, the audience with whatever is happening there, the entrance, toilets, stalls, corridors and exits. This format would make a good "epic house."


It could be the battle for the oil stations in Eastern Libya -with trucks everywhere, roads to Bengasi and Tripoli, palm trees, guns choppers, camels, cowering families, dead bodies.


It could be a royal wedding within a cathedral, with audience, the public, carriages, helicopters, horses, the press, security and a procession.
It could be a chance to place frail mankind in the hands of nature.
Either that or putting him in a very minor position, which he had forged with his very own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.