Sunday 22 May 2011

The Motherlode

THE PROVERBIAL MOTHERLODE
I see this site as the proverbial Motherlode.
The nerve centre of all the work Ive been doing all my live and all the work Ive put out into the ether.
It's a diary, starting with current and going backwards in time with different pages offering different slants on things.
By connecting to links, I would like to make it possible to embark on a journey all over the proverbial place.
But eventually, back again.
I would like to make it possible to make the same point, from the same eyes, but from different view points.

CURRENT PAGE
I left The Cube in October '80
I see this folder as starting from then.
There is a lot of sketch book work made between Cornwall and Erdington.
There are also a series of paintings I have been engaged with in my studio in Ladywood and at home.
I would like to present them here in situ - in the place they were made, no frills as it were.
But with links to more readable sites.
Of course the name will have to change as I become embroiled in other activities or maybe it will simply be moved to the "Gallery" page. Which I fear will have to be split up at least once to avoid the congestion and lack of storage capacity that seems to be building up.

HOW TO READ my ART 3000
This site isn't especially about presentation. It isn't a convenient way to sell myself. Although I hope to have many of the images and some of the areas linked up to other sites. I also hope to link some of the images to pertanent areas of other sites where their backgrounds may be covered in greater detail.
I see it more as a library for as many of the things I have made to be stored in as possible.
I also (hopefully) see it as part of a chain - a hoop of sites regarding my work, that one could pretty well get lost in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.