Sunday 22 May 2011

Gallery 4

This gallery happened because I inadvertantly created it whilst re-building my "galleries area on the pages side of the blog.
It seemed to be taking an inordinate amount of time to actualy publish stuff as I went along. I took this to be down to the fact that more and more images were appearing.
I started to think what it may get like in six months when I get closer to realizing some sort of historical documentation of how and why my work has evolved along with pictoial evidence.
So
I have split the galleries up into four parts, and hope that will give me some breathing room, before there is too much for the site to cope with.

Gallery 1
Starts from Shepherds Bush where as a fourteen year-old, I discovered creativity and moves onto the point where Anne and I have just returned from India after spending over a year there at 30 years old.
Gallery 2
Is based around Cardiff and a massive studio that I had there, even though a fair proportion of that time was spent abroad. It includes a large mural painting spree and a few exhibitions in Wales and ends with the death of my father.
Gallery 3
Starts with our academic trip to Western Turkey, Our life in Istanbul and birth of Aydin. Move to Birmingham. The M.A. course and large show at St Martins in the Bullring.
Gallery 4
Begins with the X-Ray factory in Smethwick and covers all the events that took place there. It also covers all the spin-offs and the various projects I have been involved with since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say whatever you feel.
I would be more than happy if your comment turns into a longer statement than mine.
I feel it adds to the body of work and as yet you are one of a small nuber of people who read this anyway!

Followers

Profile

My photo
In this brace of blogs, I am trying to sum up the artistic goals I am aiming for. Maybe, more for myself rather than other people although I would like others to read it. I intend to use the sites as places to which I invite people, I dont expecr an immediate rash of people keen to pore over my life. I see it as a kind of glorified C.V. that will probably never get finished.